Livable City’s November 2019 election recommendations
For the Tuesday, November 5 San Francisco eunicipal election.
For voter information, contact sfelections.sfgov.org
Yes on Proposition A
Proposition A is a $600 million general-obligation bond that funds permanently affordable housing in San Francisco. It provides:
- $150 million for public housing.
- $220 million for low-income housing,
- $60 million for middle-income housing and housing preservation,
- $150 million for senior housing, and
- $20 million for educator housing.
Yes on Proposition D
Proposition D establishes a business tax on Uber and Lyft trips in San Francisco, and dedicates the funds to improving Muni, walking and cycling.
Yes on Proposition E
Proposition E amends the City’s Planning Code to streamline planning approval of 100% affordable housing and educator housing, and permit affordable housing and educator housing on sites zoned for Public uses, including public school sites.